I am so excited to share this card with you ladies!! As you already know the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge began today and the challenge was to include the word birthday and the image of a balloon. You have to use your Cricut in your project but it does NOT have to be to cut out the word Birthday nor the balloon... so with this in mind this is what I created:
I used the Doodlecharms cartridge to create the shaped card (see tutorial at the end of the post) and the Tear Drop cartridge to cut out the sentiment that is inside the card.
The flowers I made using punches, but they can be created using the flowers that are in the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge... :)
Here is the tutorial: (If you do not have a Cricut, please leave me a comment and I will e-mail you the PDF template for you to be able to cut the card by hand. I am still trying to figure out how I add the file to the post. Please leave me a comment with instructions if you know how to do it... LOL)
1. Cut the Cupcake image at 7" using the Doodlecharms cartridge on scrap of paper.
2. Cut the candle off
3. Fold a sheet of cardstock in half and trace the cupcake. Make sure that you leave a portion of the cupcake off the folded edge so that it can truly be a card. (Notice the flat portion at the top of the cupcake. This will allow for it to be a card.)
3. Cut out the cupcake making sure that you do not cut the flat portion at the top.
4. Cut the cupcake again using the layers feature and adhere to the cupcake.
5. Once I did that I cut out the words (1.5") and added them to the inside of the card. Finally I mounted the card on a 6.5' white cardstock and I proceeded to decorate with Glitter Domes, Flowers, Kiki-Art's Fun Tape, and Bling.
To make the flowers follow these instructions:
1. Punch out (or cut with the Plantin SchoolBook) three flowers of the same size:
2. Curl each petal using a Bone Folder. (Try not to tear the petals)
3. Ink and layer all the petals together and finish with a button or whatever makes you happy... :)I know that these pics are not the best, so if you need other pics, please let me know. :) Remember to come on by to play with us over at the Fantabulous Blog!
Love in Christ,
PS: If you do not have the Cricut cartridge to complete this card, please comment here and I can e-mail you the PDF file so that you can cut it by hand... :)