I came across the Just Buggin' Cricut challenge blog and was thrilled to see that Robin is one of their designers... That made me want to create something for the challenge! So, since I got my Gypsy yesterday (which by the way is not working properly :() I decided to use it to complete the challenge. Here is the layout I created using the Doodlecharms cartridge:I was supposed to create a project that was springy, but I really did not have any springy pictures. So I decided to create the flower that does look springy to add to my layout... :) Here is a close-up of the flower and a tutorial to create it:
I cut out 12 scalloped hearts: 6 at 2 inches and 6 at 1 inch. I also cut out 1 circle at 2 inches.
I took each heart and folded it in half.
Then I folded each half towards the original fold.
Each heart should look like this when you unfold them:
I glued down the hearts to the circle, starting with two opposing hearts to then fill the empty spaces with the rest.
I repeated the process with the smaller hearts and adhered those on top of the original flower. (This is an optional step.)
To finish off the flower I created a center by quilling a piece of the same patterned paper I used for the base of the flower. To do this I attached the end of my paper to a quilling tool.
Then I began to wrap the paper around the tool until I had no more paper left.
I took the roll out of the quilling tool.I released the roll so that it would open up a bit. Once it did that, I glued the corner to the roll to ensure it would not continue to open up.
Finally I adhered the center unto the flower.
If you have any questions, make sure you leave me a comment...
Love in Christ,